FourthRev - Business Analyst
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
We are looking to work with a consultant to produce demand analysis and competitor benchmarking of learning programmes catering to major digital job roles. This analysis will include insights on must-have and differentiating curricula based on the aforementioned competitor analysis and internal data. This work is designed to support business development activity by presenting clear and well-sourced evidence of the size of the opportunity in a particular digital vertical for deﬁned English-speaking markets, to help evaluate pricing, and to determine highly desirable programme learning goals.
- Pro forma slides and analytical approach agreed with the Chief Partnerships Oﬃcer (CPO) prior to conducting research.
- Thorough research, including desk research, expert interviews in agreed digital job roles, and use of FourthRev’s database, to populate the slides, documenting sources in an organised system to enable referencing and data refresh.
- Presentable pro forma slides in the FourthRev template for each digital role that can be used in business development engagements.
- Identify the top 15 tech-related job roles for industry that also have strong user demand for courses linked to those roles. This is based on:
- Validation of in-demand digital roles from industry reports and FR databases
- Presence of bootcamps and online courses from universities targeting those roles
- Feedback from FR industry partners on identiﬁed high growth roles
- Medium-high volume of search on Google for courses linked to those roles (e.g., “product management online course”) in major English-speaking markets
- Develop a pro forma template to direct and ultimately package the subsequent research into each high-demand digital job role. This will be used with future FourthRev clients.
- Conduct research, and present in the template as per point 2, to cover at least the following:
- National demand (US, UK) and key local geographies within the US/UK with highest demand, based on recent reports, accessible databases and Burning Glass data in FourthRev.
- The technical and soft skill ‘must-haves’ for these roles, based on analysis of competitors and use of accessible 3rd party databases (e.g., Burning Glass), augmented by interviews with relevant industry experts to conﬁrm core skills and emphasise areas of diﬀerentiation.
- A summary benchmark of major national or global competitors’ programmes (to be agreed) in each of these roles, capturing:
- main learning outcomes
- accreditations earned
- programme duration and study intensity (hours per week)
- delivery approach (asynchronous, tutor-supported with amount/type of support)
- admissions criteria
- price point and payment ﬁnancing.
- Table setting out areas of commonality and key areas of diﬀerence in the curricula between competitor bootcamps in each subject/discipline
- Data on consumer demand for courses related to those jobs roles, using Google Analytics data.
This is a 6 week contract on a full time basis. This time is calculated on the basis of delivering 2 verticals per week over 5 weeks, with one week for planning and pro forma agreement.